Need Help? Call Support at 1-888-769-8977 – Open Mon–Fri 6am to 3pm (Pacific Time)
Using a Modular Connection.
1. Open the alarm control panel and locate female modular jack marked ‘telco’ or ‘line’.
2. Using a standard Ethernet or patch cord, insert one of the male sides into the female modular port, and the other side into the IP-Alarm Jack MARKED RED.
3. Insert the Barrel connector of the power cube into the IP-Alarm and plug the power cube into a 110vac non-switched outlet. We recommend use of an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) to connect the power cube into. Insert the Barrel connector into the IP-Alarm.
NOTE: The IP-Alarm is shipped pre-configured for Ethernet Connectivity.
To switch to Wi-Fi -> CLICK HERE NOW
Or continue to #4 below to stay in Ethernet Connectivity mode.
4. To continue in Ethernet Connectivity mode, connect the jack MARKED BLUE (Marked WAN) on the IP-Alarm directly to your local ROUTER or SWITCH using an ETHERNET or PATCH CORD. (Not provided.).
5. The LED’s will begin to illuminate. Allow five minutes for the IP-Alarm to connect to our servers and stabilize. The Following LED’s should be illuminated, with the exception of the WHITE LED.
RED LED = Power is ON.
YELLOW LED = ETHERNET connectivity is detected.
BLUE LED #1 & #2 = WI-FI is detected, but not connected in Ethernet mode.
GREEN LED = Device is CONNECTED to our server.
WHITE = ILLUMINATES only if the alarm control panel is “off-hook” and attempting to send signals.
If all is good, Let’s Test your alarm into the Monitoring Center.
- (a) Prepare your alarm system for arming by closing all doors and windows.
- (b) Proceed to arm your alarm system and allow it to go through its arming period, usually 90 seconds.
- (c) Once fully armed, open an instant alarm area such as a window causing a full alarm condition and not just a pre-alarm condition. Note: The alarm siren or bell will begin to sound if in full alarm.
- (c) Since your alarm may have time delays before transmitting an event, allow the alarm to stay in full alarm condition for 90 seconds. (You should also see the WHITE LED flash, indicating the alarm control panel is sending signals to out IP-Alarm. Then turn off your alarm system.
- (d) Wait five minutes and repeat step (c) again.
- (e) Call the 24-hour monitoring center at 1-800-765.2580 and provide them with your alarm account number and password.
- (f) Verify with the Live Operator that alarm signals were received from your alarm system.
- (g) Once you have verified alarm signals, please complete the form below:
Fill out my online form.